Friday, August 26, 2016

Hark the Herald Angels Sing

This week's holiday card prompt is all about MUSIC ... you might incorporate sheet music, musical instruments, music-themed stamps ... or even make a card inspired by your favorite Christmas Carol. Just make sure you let us know what your MUSICAL elements are.

Here's how the music moved us this week:


Stephanie says, "I scanned in a piece of vintage Christmas Music from my collection and sized it down to fit on my card front.  I combined it with velvet ribbon, some holiday flair, Eyelet Outlet Champagne Bling and Authentique papers with this week's Retro Sketch."


Lauren's Card

Lauren says, "I chose this lovely older 6x6 patterned paper by My Mind's Eye because its pre-made collage had a bit of sheet music in it. Then I added some chipboard letters made by fusing vintage sheet music to thin chipboard (with my Xyron) and diecutting with Provocraft's "Tag Sale" alphabet. The poinsettia diecuts were leftover from a 'Christmas In July and August' class I taught at my LSS... all I had to do was choose a few different patterns which went well together and load the whole deal onto a couple of mats. Easy, peasy!


And now it's your turn to select your favorite MUSICAL elements, use them to create a brand new holiday card, and link it up here by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, September 7th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:16:18.

1 comment:

Sybrina K said...

Another great challenge, ladies! Love the two sample cards, especially those musical letters on Lauren's card.