Friday, June 8, 2012

A Caroling We Will Go

Fa-La-La-La-La ... is it ever really too early to listen to Christmas music?  Well, it's certainly never too early to make cards inspired by Christmas music.  Here is our second round of musical creations:




Lauren says, "my all-time favorite way to incorporate music into my cards is to use it like any other patterned paper. i love finding old sheet music at book and rummage sales, and am always on the look-out for different sizes, shapes, paper styles, etc. here i've used a recent deconstructed sketch (#53) and paired the music with a bit of basic grey's lovely packaging, some festive papers, and a giant hand-cut poinsettia."



Stephanie says, "I too love to incorporate actual sheet music into my cards like patterned paper ... however, in this case, I wanted to capture the entire song, so I scanned the vintage music (which kept it's aged ivory hue) and sized it to fit my card front before printing.  I stamped Hero Arts Cling Wreath with Bells highlighted with silver glitter pen to complete the design.  I only had enough navy paper left to cover my card front, so I used a favorite trick and cut my matted circle out of the center of the piece of cardstock ... the other layers cover open circle in the bottom layer."

Remember, you have until 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, June 13th (using keyword JB12-12 for our flickr (and other) galleries) to link-up your musically inspired creations..

1 comment:

Rose said...

beautiful cards girls :)