Friday, June 3, 2011

Let it Sew, Let it Sew, Let it Sew!

i bet you've guessed this week's theme already, just from the title, haven't you, JINGLE BELLES?! "let it sew, let it sew, let it sew"? uh huh, we pretty much HAVE to be painting, don't we? lol. ok, nope, in fact we are, as the name suggests, incorporating sewing into our holiday cards; whether that be in the form of hand-stitching, via sewing machine, or even by using a pen, a stamp, or some rub-ons to add some faux stitching. anything goes!

here's what we did:


Stef says, "I used faux stitching down the sides of my main panel, which wascut from Webster's Pages paper. I used my new Sew Easy piercing tool to make the holes and a thin black marker to "stitch" down the sides ... it's somehow comforting to see that my faux stitching is just as wonky as my real sewing would be. I finished with some rub-ons and a wrap of some Mission Falls Ivory Cotton yarn."



Lauren says, "i played around with a few different techniques this time: i hand-cranked my sewing machine around diecut letters in heavy-weight black upholstery thread to outline them; i used ordinary red thread to attach ruffled ribbon to the main panel, and the main panel to my card; and finally i used three strands of black embroidery floss to hand-stitch the word "christmas" using this method. it's probably a bit of overkill but i had a blast making this!"


and now it's time to see what ♥YOU♥ will do: bust out the sewing machine and maybe even some fabric? do a little bit of hand embroidering? get the look without the work and "go faux"? or maybe you'll try a little bit of everything??! it's up to you, but the main goal is to have plenty of fun and MAKE IT SEW!!! the inlinkz will be open until 6pm (EST) next wednesday night, june 8th; keyword for galleries or flickr is JB23!





6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How FUN!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

June Houck said...

Both of your cards are beautiful. Stef, yours is so stunning and elegant. I keep hearing about Webster's pages, but I have never seen any IRL. I think I need to find some :) Lauren, I love your font stitching…you are SO smart...and the hand-cranked stitching too. The text ruffle is very cool too. I need to try these techniques!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Whew.... sew lucky, I made it here! Thanks for the fun!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Love your inspiration samples!!

Deanne :)

Beverly G said...

You girls keep stunning us with you beautiful creations. Glad I got to play again this week.

Lorraine said...

This was sew much fun, and your cards are sew beautiful. Okay, I'll stop, but really they are!!!